Increase in gloss or sheen of the paint film when rubbed, scrubbed or brushed up against; more noticeable in darker colours.
- Use of a flat paint in high-traffic areas where a finish with a higher sheen level would have better resistance to burnishing
- Frequent washing and spot-cleaning
- Use of abrasive cloth and/or cleaners
- Use of low-quality paints with poor stain and scrub resistance (see Poor Stain Resistance for more information)
- Paint high-traffic areas with a superior paint.
- Consider using paint with higher gloss or sheen in these areas.
- Clean painted surfaces with a soft cloth or sponge and non-abrasive cleaners; rinse with water.
Please note that these suggestions are provided as a service to you. We are unable to guarantee or be responsible for the results obtained by these procedures. If you have additional questions, ask any of our expert sales associates.